Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Bee Update

Hey Guys here is just a quick bee update. We opened all three hives today and when I opened mine I was in trouble. Mistake #1...of this year. When I took out the queen cage I was stupid enough not to put a frame back in its place. So the bees took the liberty to fill one in. Ha Ha. Here are some pictures of what happened it wasn't pretty. This is on the inner cover by the way.




You also see that I looked puzzled. Well that is because I was trying to figure out what to do with it. So I moved it off to the side not wanting to remove it because I did not find the queen and had a feeling she was on there. Also I have some pictures and the size of the colony is amazing. My hive, my dad swears, is twice the size of his. The colony should be dwindling down a bit by now so that is why I was surprised.





No comments:

Post a Comment